Stay In Touch

 Being away at school, one of my worst habits is not checking in with my family and friends as much as I probably should. Although this may not apply to everyone as not everyone goes away for school, keeping up with communication with your support is very important. 

Personally, I like to say I have two families, my family at home and my family at school as we all look after one another. Out of bad habit sometimes I will go a week without even reaching out to my family at home. College can be one the most confusing and stressful times of someone's life, you are away from home, in a new environment, and have to go out and meet new people...by yourself. 

When life starts to feel like it's becoming too much reaching out to long distant family and friends can help re-center yourself and stay in touch with yourself. One thing I have taken from college is that I feel like I have two different lives, so when I don't reach out to people at home it can start to feel like I am losing that part of myself. It's also just nice to stay updated with their lives as well and see what they have been up to. You also never know what exactly is going on in people's lives so your check in could also be something that they needed as well. 

Now once again, this may not apply to everyone, but this is crucial for me to find my balance in between school and home. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Start Planning

Start Off Right!