Affirmations

 As a college student the end of April and the start of May can be the most stressful weeks of each year. Finals are coming up faster than I could ever imagine, but don't discourage yourself! 

It's easy to get in your head and think it's all too much and that you aren't cut out for all of this, but even if you are a first year think of how far you've already come. It's the week of stress and all pain is temporary, because finals are a big pain. 

When I get discouraged, have no faith in myself, or just want to give up, I tell myself "There is nothing I can't handle". Now I actually started telling myself this last year as a freshman in college. Like most I had a hard year, being away at school while there were new changes in my family and getting diagnosed with alopecia areata that formed from stress and poor diet. Mind you this was in my Spring semester so on top of all of this I had the pain of finals. 

As finals are approaching, I keep reminding myself that there is nothing I can't handle, I like to think the universe just likes to test my ability of this understanding that I have. 

I've made posts in the past of how I schedule my schoolwork, job, and other activities, and yes during finals week I use the same tactic but add in affirmations. 

Affirmations can come to you, they can be what you don't remind yourself enough of, encouragement, etc. If it doesn't stick, it's no big deal you can keep trying or brainstorm different words or phrases to tell yourself. 

Putting your affirmations on sticky notes to put on your mirror, on your bedroom door, phone lock screen, or just reminding yourself when you feel like you need to. 

Keep your head up and take it one day at time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Start Planning

Start Off Right!