Listen to Your Body and Mind

 In this post I will be talking about and sharing my experience with meditation! 

Meditation has recently entered my life because I have enrolled in a yoga class offered at school. Now going into this class, I was a little excited to actually be able to do yoga once a week and also have a lecture about yoga. I know that yoga is very relaxing as it is but then we started learning about meditation and also practicing it. 

The first time we meditated I will admit I kept going in and out of sleep, its 9am, I'm in a dark lecture hall with my eyes closed listening to soothing music. Can you blame me? We continue to practice this in class and also got assigned to meditate outside of class on our own. The more practice I do the better my experience is getting. 

While in class meditating one thing that helps me focus is when our professor says "What is your body saying to you? Listen to what it is saying to you", because you are so relaxed it seems as if you are telling yourself why this feels like it's needed, and what stressors are causing you to realize this practice is beneficial to you. 

When meditating there are still times where my thoughts will wonder a little too much or there are some days where it's hard to concentrate and clam my body, but I'm still learning and practicing reminding myself that this takes time to learn. 

To help myself stay focused every time I take a breath in (in my head) I'll say, "May my mind be calm". This has helped my focus and concentration on my breathing to really get into a relaxed state. 

I'm sharing my experience so far about yoga and meditation because I highly recommend giving the try some thought. Practicing yoga and meditation outside of class is fairly easy as I use YouTube for video guidance and for breathing exercises. These videos focus on a bunch of different exercises, so you are able to explore the yoga world. 

I hope sharing my experience with yoga and meditation will help benefit others. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Start Planning

Start Off Right!