Get Your Heart Racing

 As the weather starts to change into the warmer season my mood tends to take more of a positive outlook. The warmer weather helps my motivation and, in this case, has allowed me to motivate myself to add some more into my schedule. School exercises our minds all day constantly whether we are in class or doing assignments outside of class. These past few weeks I have been focusing more on exercising my body. 

With a busy schedule I am not able to go to the gym as much as I would like, and sometimes getting the motivation to go somehow disappears. With my friends also getting excited about the warm weather in between classes we are outside either with a volleyball or a basketball making up games like we are kids again or just goofing around blowing off steam before our next class. 

I've found going outside for just an hour on the nice days shifts my mood and motivates me to do it again or even sometimes motivates me to keep going on my day and do the homework I didn't want to do earlier. 

Now that the weather can't make up its mind on Winter or Spring, I've found some alternatives for the colder days to keep myself somewhat active and motivated. 

Stretching

A little focused on my post about Yoga, I've been stretching every morning and night, or just whenever I feel like it. After I stretch, I feel more ready to go, almost like I prepped my body for the day or before I sleep. Although stretching isn't like going to the gym, knowing I am still taking care of my body in a way that makes me feel good is a good enough reason for me to continue. 

At Home Workouts

Another alternative of the gym and for the colder days is just putting on a 15-minute workout on my TV. Now this idea had stemmed from my roommate that had started doing a short YouTube workout every day. One day I was curious as I had never followed an at-home workout before, and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed doing it. A pro of these workouts is you can choose any video, you can stop whenever you want, and you are exercising your body for just a short period of time instead of having to fit an hour of gym time into your schedule. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Start Planning

Start Off Right!