You Are Your Date!

 In previous posts on this blog, I have emphasized giving yourself time. Well, here are some ideas on how to be your own date, and by this, I mean spending some extra quality time with yourself. College can be some troubling times to say the least and to help myself stay in contact with my mind and body, I enjoy doing activities on my own. 

This is not always the case everyday but allowing yourself to take the time to be on your own and really take in those moments is something that has really helped me stay on track. 

Point Gratiot Park

As we all attend SUNY Fredonia driving down to the beach for a sunset or just at any time of day by yourself sitting by the water is very relaxing and almost feels as if I am refreshing myself. I like to bring a book or my journal and just sit and enjoy the nature. 


Food Date

Take yourself to get food on your own, even if it is just a drive through sit in the car type of mood. After class treating myself to a Tim Hortons breakfast sandwich and coffee just to sit in my car and listen to music is one of my favorite things to do. 


Take A Walk

Although the weather is never perfect for a walk, when it is take yourself for a stroll. You can go wherever you want, down the street to a bench to just sit or read, a walk around campus or even downtown. When I can, I enjoy taking a short walk just listening to music or a podcast and just enjoying the extra little time with myself. 


There are so many other ways to take yourself on a date, but these are just a few that I enjoy doing. It will always be important to put your mental and physical health first and there are always new ways of doing it. I hope this helps or gives anyone ideas for dates with yourself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Start Planning

Start Off Right!