As the end of the year rolls around there is high stress and anxiety for us college students. It's very easy to get overwhelmed so today I will be sharing some tips and tricks on what I do once I feel my anxiety creeping in and when I just feel too overwhelmed. 

Many of us face anxiety at the most inconvenient times so here are some things I try to keep on me at all times in case I find myself in an anxious state when I'm not home. 

- any kind of gum (mint helps me the most because of the shock of the flavor at first) 

- hair tie/bracelet (gives my hands something to do and fidget with to distract myself) 

- aromatherapy nasal inhaler (these are small and easy to store, mine is scented lavender, you can find them on amazon)

- headphones (listen to some music, I have a comfort playlist for this specific reason)

Now when I am home, I still use all of these tactics, but I have more options like...

- using my face roller (I've mentioned this product before, my attacks give my face and neck a hot rash so it's my go to relaxer)

- taking a shower (now this isn't for every time but when I feel slightly anxious taking a hot shower relaxes me and resets my body)

- going to someone (this could be a phone call to family/friends or someone that may already be with you) 


Don't hesitate to let anyone know how you are feeling, whether it's your professor, your roommate, or calling a friend or family member. Anxiety is out of our control and is something most people deal with so know you are not alone. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Start Planning

Start Off Right!